1. To begin your project, explore the following websites classifications for your individual essay.
- The Vatican Museums
- ArtLex â€“ Earlier Renaissance Art
- ArtLex â€“ Later Renaissance Art
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Chartres Cathedral
- A Digital Archive of Architecture â€“ High Gothic
- Earthlore Gothic Dreams â€“ Cathedral Architecture
2. Write the Individual Project (3â€“4 pages not including references):
- Using the terminology and concepts you are learning for evaluating art, including materials used, style, meaning, and symbolism, and any other aesthetic issues, compare and contrast ONE of the selected works from the selected websites classification with a DIFFERENT work of art of the same classification from your TEXTBOOK . For example, compare two paintings from the Renaissance period or two gothic cathedrals. Use the following instructions to construct your paper:
- For each of the works of art, describe and compare attributes of the works by following the guidelines below to structure your essay.
1. What is the FORM of the work?
- Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
- What materials are used?
- What techniques or processes are used to create the artwork?
- What colors are used?
- Describe the use of line, shape, texture, value, color, and balance.
2. Does the work of art have SUBJECT MATTER?
- If so, what is literally depicted?
- Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
3. What is the CONTENT?
- What does it mean or represent?
- What is the artist’s message?
- Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
- What is the context of the artwork?
- What is the function of the artwork?
- What traditional role of the artist is exemplified?
4. Explain how the works of art fit into the context of the time period. Keep in mind that only art works that fit into the period of Middle Ages – Renaissance (created between 1350â€“1520 CE) will be accepted.
Note: You are required to comply with APA style format for internal citation and a reference list. For additional information and resources on APA, visit the APA section of the Library, available under “Library Features.”
For information on Macintosh Word shortcuts, click here.